Installing 1.3

Hi,I'm having a bit of a nightmare here!  My old 1.2 based system has suffered a hard drive problem - but no panic, I've got a back up....   Only I'm having some trouble installing 1.3 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS.

Having found that LSMB is not in the repositry, I finally manged to install it via the Ubuntu Software centre - so far so good. However, when I try to log in I get prompted for User, Passsword and Company. The only username entered was 'ledgersmb' and  password asked for during installation doesn't work (I've re-installed 3 times to make sure!). How do I log in?

Also, the backup is from v1.2.xx, am I going to be able to restore this to v1.3.xx ok?

Cheers
Richard