Re: deleting an invoice

If the 5th customer invoice was in error and gets reversed then should you not reverse the $1 widget back into stock  and not the 11th one for $10?
If you were tracking things like serial numbers you would get screwed by swaping widget 5 for widget 11.

I can see your argument about deleting transactions but rolling back transactions and making them invisible would give you almost the same end effect.

I empathize with the issue of trying to track what is owed and not from a system that shows all the bad transactions.
We use to have an accounting system which was not ours but belonged to the company of a major share holder.
The guy who processed the orders would now and then get a complex order that would have 10 or more reversals before the final invoice was issued to the customer.
Trying to wade through the invoices and credit notes was a major pain in the ass.

We currently delete transactions when they are screwed up or need to be fixed.
That being said we don't have stock or anything really complex.
Yes we have been bitten on the ass by the wrong invoice getting deleted but the pain is much less than the CM/DM issues we had.

I think the question should change from "how do I delete an invoice" to "how do I make it look like the invoice has been deleted".
But I am not an accountant.
I am just the geek that has to help keep the books clean.