[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: deleting an invoice
- Subject: Re: deleting an invoice
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 22:27:10 -0700
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Nigel Titley <..hidden..>
On 30/08/2012 20:29, Tone Irene Andersen wrote:That's true, but he shouldn't be getting an pg error message, especially
> You arent suppose to delete an invoice, rather void it. If you delete it you
> make issues in your books.
if there is a "delete" button for him to press
This is true. I forget what we decided to do about this in 1.3. In 1.4 you can't delete but you can void. The thing is:
1) Disabling transaction reversal enforcement kind of puts you on unsupported territory anyway. There are a lot of hidden gotchas that happen when you start deleting invoices and these don't have accepted solutions accounting-wise because you aren't supposed to delete them. For example you can end up with *really* weird COGS numbers.
2) At the same time occasionally we run into cases where people can't do without deleting the invoices. So we have the option.
I am thinking the best solution here is to put a warning on the audit controls screen so people are aware that this is not a supported configuration and that more work will need to be done by whoever disables it.
What do other people think?