Re: Missing Template for Quotation

Hi;

I am going to go ahead and post a description of how the LaTeX
templates work here and what is usually needed to get them up and
working.  Some of this may be review but I am partly writing for
people who may come and read it in the future.

The PDF and PS invoices are generated using a program called LaTeX
which handles the layout and typesetting.  The actual LaTeX files are
creating using Template Toolkit with extensions for LaTeX.  These
extensions are in the Template::Latex package available from CPAN.
The software then generates a LaTeX file which is then processed to
create a PDF or PS.

Typically the first thing to do is to install a LaTeX distribution
like TexLive (distributed with many Linux distributions and available
for OSX and Windows).  This provides LaTeX and many of the modules
needed.   In general I recommend that if your distro has a
texlive-extras package that you install this too.

After this is installed, you must then install Template::Latex.  This
can be done by typing on the command line:

cpan Template::Latex

This will also install a number of dependencies including
LaTeX::Driver, which will need to know where your LaTeX binaries are.
It is usually pretty good at finding them.

If things go wrong and you can't get it to work, the following
commands may provide useful diagnostic information when requesting
help:

>From the LedgerSMB application directory:
perl -MLedgerSMB::Template::Latex -e print

>From the doc/manual directory in the LedgerSMB application directory:
pdflatex LedgerSMB-manual