Re: LedgerSMB Debian packaging

On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 15:56 -0400, PatJr-gmail wrote:
> Yes, I have lenny on a vm and would also like to give LSMB a whirl on it.

   Debian v5 (lenny) is a bit old...   Unless you've kept the VM more
up-to-date, perhaps using backports as well?  I.E.;  what version of
PostgreSQL is available to you?  (I haven't tried an install on a lenny
system for quite awhile but I've started taking a look at what's
involved.)

> Can anyone point to a "HOW TO INSTALL" with a lot of hand holding for a
> beginner?

   A beginner with Debian?  LedgerSMB?

   Besides what's in the INSTALL file, I don't know that there is a
current Debian specific HowTo for LedgerSMB.
   I haven't written one myself because I'm working on getting it into a
public repository, besides mine; and once it's like that, there won't be
much to do besides making sure the sources list is correct and then a
few items update/change after it's installed but before using it.
(That's the plan anyway...<g>)

Jame