Re: Performance Issues w/Ledgersmb 1.3.x

I found something very interesting. I created a test HTML page containing solely text called testpage.html.  I dropped this file in two locations.  One in the Apache root directory (/srv/www/htdocs/) and the other in the ledgersmb directory (/user/local/ledgersmb/).  I changed ownership of the file to wwwrun:www.  I then ran the following tests:

Test 1:

Results: Page loaded almost instantaneously.

Test 2:

Results: Page loaded in about 14 seconds

It seems to be choking on page loads for files that reside in the ledgersmb directory.  My ledgersmb-httpd.conf is located in my ledgersmb directory at /usr/local/ledgersmb.  I had added my "Include /usr/local/ledgersmb/ledgersmb-httpd.conf" to the bottom of default-server.conf.

Steven

I believe I have solved the issue.  I am still testing just to make sure, but it appears that my issue was in ledgersmb-httpd.conf.  In the section where by default you "Allow from localhost", I had changed to the following adding two additional "Allow from" statements so that I could connect remotely to Ledgersmb:

Order Deny, Allow
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from localhost
Allow from 192.168.1
Deny from All
.
.
.

It appears that it was struggling with the multiple "Allow from" statements. Based on Apache documentation I believe I should have been able to do it this way, but I decided to change it to the following, using just one "Allow from" statement and separating the addresses with spaces, and my performance issue cleared up.  This is what my modified version that works looks like:

Order Deny, Allow
Allow from 192.168.1 localhost 127.0.0.1
Deny from All

--
Best Regards,
Steven Marshall