Re: upgrade from 1.2.21 to 1.3.3

2011/11/4 Philippe Schelté <..hidden..>:
> Hello,
>
> After having upgraded my server to Ubuntu oneiric, my LedgerSMB 1.2.21
> stopped working with perl errors in the apache2 error.log.
> So I decided to move to the 1.3.3 version. In the meantime, the oneiric
> upgrades also postgresql from 8.4 to 9.1 things look like have been
> well done about Postgresql.
> my system is then :
>
> - Linux server 3.0.0-12-server #20-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 7 16:36:30 UTC
> 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> - Postgresql 9.1.1
> - perl 5.12.4
>
> I have followed the method descripe in the UPGRADE file of the 1.3.3
> package of LedgerSMB, to upgrade from 1.2.X to 1.3.X.
> I was able to update all the required perl modules, everything goes
> well.
>
> Here comes my questions :
>
> First, When I load setup.pl in my brother, I fill the postgresql
> super-user credentials and my LedgerSMB database and when I click on
> "Login" an additionnal
> apache2 authentication appears, at first I didn't know which user it
> was asking for, finaly it seems to be the postgresql user owner of my
> LedgerSMB database.
> Is it a new security step for the 1.3.3 version ?

Postgres is rejecting authentication.  You must allow a connection to
127.0.0.1 and/or ::1 if using IPv6 to the database on port 5432.
Check your /etc/postgresql/9.1/main/pg_hba.conf file.  Reconfigure and
restart postgresql.  Once you've upgraded the database, you can change
these settings back.

> Second, I choose to upgrade my database, but it seems that i can't go
> further, I 'm blocked on a step where it asks me to "save and retry"
> showing me a form
> where I see all the parts with only the partnumber column that I can
> modify. Even if I put all the partnumber to 1 and click to "Save and
> retry" the form reload
> again and so forth... Something I have to mention is that I'm a french
> user and some of my parts description have accent that are not well
> encoded.
> I have strange characters like "@A" at the place of the accents. How
> can I finish the upgrade process ?

Please use setup.pl after fixing postgresql hba.

> Third, if I go to login.pl, I fill my LedgerSMB user credentials, in
> the "Company" field what do I have to fill exactly ?
> again I have the additionnal apache2 authentication that I fill with my
> postgresql user owner of the LedgerSMB database.
> But I cannot login, because after having tried several "Company" names,
> it says that it doesn't find the "company".

Again, please use setup.pl and report back.