Re: 1.3 feature request: edit batch summary data

Hi;

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:57 PM, John Locke <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just had a use case here that I'm not seeing a good solution for...
>
> A receipt batch got created for a batch of credit card receipts, but had
> the wrong date set.
>
> I'd like to be able to edit the date, account, etc. of a batch from the
> transaction approval screen before posting -- does that go against GAAP
> to allow this type of change during the approval process?

Nope.  The batch is not posted to the books, so it is not entered in
the journals yet.  While there could be separation of duties issues
and best practices, the issues here are not financial accounting
issues so much as the fact we are hitting old code, and old database
tables, and this makes things painfully difficult and brittle.  If it
can be avoided I really don't want to open the can of worms that can
come with altering dates on mixed types of vouchers before posting.

The issue is that the SL db design has too many places where the date
has to change, and too many conditions where it might or might not
change depending.....

> Right now my option appears to be cancel the batch and create a new one,
> re-entering all the receipts...

If it is any comfort, I am looking at rewriting all the financial
transaction handling for 1.4, getting it into a sane db design.....

If you want to do this for receipt/payment vouchers only through the
backend you can do something like:

UPDATE batch SET default_date = '[new date]' where id = [batch id];
UPDATE acc_trans SET transdate = '[new date]' where voucher_id in
(select id from voucher where batch_id = [batch id]);

Then review before you post, as always......