Re: my first real problem, cash receipt

I'm not in a terrible hurry and there is a workaround for this problem:
cancellation and reposting with the new payment included.

As for the log file: From startup to encountering the problem the file
is empty, then the same errors as I pasted earlier from the browser
window are exactly the same there in the log file:

2011-01-30 07:15:21 GMT STATEMENT:
INSERT INTO acc_trans
            (trans_id, chart_id, transdate,
            amount)
     VALUES ($1, $2,
            $3,
            $4)
2011-01-30 07:16:47 GMT ERROR:   null value in column "chart_id"
violates not-null constraint

These sequences are repeated various times as I have retried the same
kind of transaction until I shut down the virtual machine with the
LedgerSMB on it:

2011-01-30 07:23:22 GMT LOG:  incomplete startup packet
2011-01-30 07:23:22 GMT LOG:  received fast shutdown request
2011-01-30 07:23:22 GMT LOG:  aborting any active transactions
2011-01-30 07:23:22 GMT LOG:  autovacuum launcher shutting down
2011-01-30 07:23:22 GMT LOG:  shutting down
2011-01-30 07:23:22 GMT LOG:  database system is shut down

Detail: I'm running 3 'company' databases with LedgerSMB on that virtual
machine, nothing else, and the error occurrs in at least 2 of those. So
it doesn't appear to be an error in one specific database.

thanks,
ario