Re: question about posting

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 9:30 PM, ario <..hidden..> wrote:
> A little follow up here.
>
> As it is not possible to have a department inside a department I've been
> able (or forced as you wish) to split the whole accounting in 3
> companies, avoiding until now the matter mentioned in the previous posts
> in this thread.
> However, recently we have been confronted with the same 'problem' again:
> departments working for and selling to other departments.
>
> I suppose we can't use the AP/AR Transaction forms for that, replacing
> the 'accounts receivable/payable' by 'assets borrowed from other
> departments'/'loan by department 1', '... 2', etc.?

Down the road (2.0), we're going to have to change the way this is
handled.  However, the best way to do this is to use one transaction
per department.  The other option (that some companies use) is to
split accounts by department.  You might have:

1600-00 Fixed Assets, Corporate
1600-01 Fixed Assets, Accounting
1600-02 Fixed Assets, IT
1600-03 Fixed Assets, Sales and Marketing

etc.....  Which way you do this depends on what works best for your
company.  If you would like, I could arrange a call (via Google Voice)
to consult with you (at normal rate) to discuss which options might
work best for you.