Re: question about posting

Yes! Thanks to dwmbeancounter.com I now even do understand what you
mean. What seems to make LSMB especially useful for us is the
implementation of Projects and Departments with the possibility of
creating a balance per department.

Now there's one conceptual thing that I am still trying to figure out.
And that's borrowing between departments. Our departments will
constantly borrow cash from each others wallets and I have no idea how
to implement that on de COA, while being able to constantly keep track
of their balances for each department.
Of course I could make liabilities and asset accounts that would look
like:

1210	borrowed to dept 1
1220	borrowed to dept 2
2310	borrowed from dept 1
2320	borrowed from dept 2

so that the balance would be reflected on each department's balance
sheet, but of course would be zero on the company's balance sheet.
I feel however as if it wouldn't be justifiable to use a company's asset
(liability) account to reflect money borrowed by one department to
(from) one of the other departments.

I hope my explanation of what I desire was clear enough.
Is there any ready accounting solution for this?

Thanks again,
ario