Re: LedgerSMB 1.2.21 release candidate 1 available

Armaghan Saqib wrote:
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
I have recently seen a number of bug fix releases for LSMB 1.2 and was
just wondering how long it is planned to keep providing fixes for LSMB
1.2 once 1.3 is released.
Until PostgreSQL 8.0 is no longer supported.

I am not familiar with postgres release/support cycle. Can somebody
give me the idea how long 8.0 is supported?

The PostgreSQL site says this July 2010 (Extended) http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy

What I was thinking is that with all these fixes (and probably more in
future) 1.2 branch will become extremely stable and should be an ideal
choice for deployment at places where the feature rich future releases
(1.3, 2.0) are not needed.

And if I remember correctly 1.2 also works perfectly with 8.3 (8.4?)
so why it is tied to 8.0?

I believe all the 8.x work fine.

8.0? Probably because that was the current release when LSMB 1.2 came out and since a major-version upgrade of PostgreSQL requires a dump, new install of Pg and reload of the data, i.e. downtime; many folks don't want to mess with a running system.

\\||/
Rod
--

Regards
Armaghan

- Sql-Ledger hosting, docs and development
- http://www.ledger123.com/