Re: Differencies between Trial Balance and Account Balance

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:22 AM, <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi!

I have beginner question:
Why there is differences between Trial Balance and Account Balance.

F.ex.
I have a line in trial balance for an bank account for a period of June:
Balance: 529.72, Debit: 619.60, Credit: 1189.22, Balance: -39.90
While when I open a link from account number and get the account transactions table for the same period, then:
the first line (empty one - should be beginning) Balance: 529.72
the last summary line: Debit: 619.60, Credit: 1143.66, Balance: 5.66

The last line is correct one - it is the same like in a bank report.
For next month the beginning balance is not 5.66, but -39.90

So the question is how the beginning balance is calculated?

That sounds like an issue between how the transaction report calculates the final balance and how the trial balance calculates things.

The only cause I know of for this are issues in data integrity.

Here is something you can do:

SELECT count(*) FROM acc_trans
WHERE trans_id NOT IN (select id from ar union select id from ap union select id from gl);

If it returns anything other than 0, you have problems.  At that point, my recommendation would be to back up the database, and then obtain paid tech support.  Alternatively, you can try to investigate these rows further on your own.