Re: Email Format Poll for the list

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, John Hasler wrote:

My filters score html-only as spam.

Actually, come to think of it, so do mine. On a network wide basis, for that matter, SA or amavisd, or whatever part of my postfix installation is currently dealing with that, ups the spam score for HTML only messages, above multipart messages. Forgot about that.

I will note, that there are times when multipart is the only option. I use a Windows Mobile cellphone for several reasons generally beyond my control. The version of Outlook used thereon sends multipart mail with an HTML attachment, unconditionally. I would certainly not choose to do that, but I have no choice in the matter, unless there is a registry hack I haven't found to change this behavior. I will switch to a Linux phone when that can be arranged, and the software compatibility issues which keep me in WinMo are resolved, but that may be a couple years yet, and that's just me anyway.

I don't mind, but don't prefer, receiving HTML messages.
They are certainly too common to ignore outright, assuming they make it through the spam filters.

Luke