Installing v1.3 - progress report #2

People,

I am gradually making some progress with getting v1.3 going on Fedora 12 x86_64. After initial problems with the Perl modules, I decided to remove all Perl RPMs and then manually delete any remaining CPAN installed files. I then installed ALL x86_64 RPMs and their dependencies starting with "perl-". This only left modules:

    Test::Exception
    Locale::Maketext::Lexicon
    CGI::Simple

marked as "missing" which was fixed by installing 32bit RPMs:

    perl-Sub-Uplevel-0.2002-3.fc12.noarch
    perl-Test-Exception-0.27-4.fc12.noarch
    perl-IO-String-1.08-8.fc12.noarch
    perl-PPI-1.206-1.fc12.noarch
    perl-YAML-0.70-2.fc12.noarch
    perl-Locale-Maketext-Lexicon-0.77-4.fc12.noarch

and, just in case:

    perl-CPAN.x86_64

I was then able to get through the early INSTALL stuff.

After I got stuck with getting the system going with files from the tar ball I decided to try the current svn files instead. I could tell by the diffs that were some changes. Some of the issues I mentioned before still remain but after putting in the correct path for contrib on the initiate screen, I made some more progress. The new company db appears to be correctly created with no errors in either the httpd or postgres logs. However when I try to log in with the new user and db I get:

"Error!

Database is not the expected version. Was , expected 1.2.0"

Also, from the INSTALL file it is not very clear how much of what happens during the "Automated PostgreSQL Database Setup" replaces the psql commands below "Configure a LedgerSMB Company Database".

I am documenting my progress with this exercise here:

http://pricom.com.au/pnotes/ledgersmb

Regards,

Phil.
--