Re: Installing v1.3 - progress report #2

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Philip Rhoades <..hidden..> wrote:
People,

I am gradually making some progress with getting v1.3 going on Fedora 12
x86_64.  After initial problems with the Perl modules, I decided to
remove all Perl RPMs and then manually delete any remaining CPAN
installed files.  I then installed ALL x86_64 RPMs and their
dependencies starting with "perl-".  This only left modules:

    Test::Exception
    Locale::Maketext::Lexicon
    CGI::Simple

marked as "missing" which was fixed by installing 32bit RPMs:

    perl-Sub-Uplevel-0.2002-3.fc12.noarch
    perl-Test-Exception-0.27-4.fc12.noarch
    perl-IO-String-1.08-8.fc12.noarch
    perl-PPI-1.206-1.fc12.noarch
    perl-YAML-0.70-2.fc12.noarch
    perl-Locale-Maketext-Lexicon-0.77-4.fc12.noarch

and, just in case:

    perl-CPAN.x86_64

I was then able to get through the early INSTALL stuff.

After I got stuck with getting the system going with files from the tar
ball I decided to try the current svn files instead.  I could tell by
the diffs that were some changes.  Some of the issues I mentioned before
still remain but after putting in the correct path for contrib on the
initiate screen, I made some more progress.  The new company db appears
to be correctly created with no errors in either the httpd or postgres
logs.  However when I try to log in with the new user and db I get:

"Error!

Database is not the expected version. Was , expected 1.2.0"

I will add something to the INSTALL file about troubleshootng this but usually it is a permission issue.  Check the permissions on the defaults table.

Most likely I would guess that the Roles.sql may not have been preprocessed and loaded.  How did you create your database?