Re: Invoice printing -default to PDF

On 1 Dec 2009, at 19:04, lrspares45 wrote:
On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 12:37 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
When printing an invoice with LedgerSMB v1.2.17 we have noticed that thePDFselection prints the invoices positioned properly on the page, but thePostscript selection doesn't. (The address doesn't sit in the rightplace tofit into a window envelope.)

Unfortunately, it appears that Postscript is the default setting and you
have to select PDF manually every time.

Is there a way to make PDF the default instead?  Or just remove the
Postscript
entry from that drop-down menu completely?

I found this too when upgrading to 1.18. Luckily the solution is simple - go to the PDF templates and a few lines down there is a right and left
margin setting. I'm at home now so don't have it in front of me, but
alter the right margin to get it to fit (I seem to remember changing
1.00 to 2.00 cm or something like that). You have to do it for each
template, but once done make back-ups they don't get overwritten if you
re-install.

Uh, there are separate PDF templates in 1.18??

In previous versions they just have a single .tex template that produces both the .pdf and postscript versions. In such versions one could surely manipulate the margins of the different versions using LaTeX's ifpdf package.

Stroller.