Re: Invoice printing -default to PDF

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 12:37 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> I originally posted this message on November 21 but since I haven't
> received any replies perhaps it got lost:
>
> When printing an invoice with LedgerSMB v1.2.17 we have noticed that the
> PDF
> selection prints the invoices positioned properly on the page, but the
> Postscript selection doesn't.  (The address doesn't sit in the right
> place to
> fit into a window envelope.)
>
> Unfortunately, it appears that Postscript is the default setting and you
> have
> to select PDF manually every time.
>
> Is there a way to make PDF the default instead?  Or just remove the
> Postscript
> entry from that drop-down menu completely?

I found this too when upgrading to 1.18. Luckily the solution is simple
- go to the PDF templates and a few lines down there is a right and left
margin setting. I'm at home now so don't have it in front of me, but
alter the right margin to get it to fit (I seem to remember changing
1.00 to 2.00 cm or something like that). You have to do it for each
template, but once done make back-ups they don't get overwritten if you
re-install.

Cheers
Richard