[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Lost Taxes After Restore

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 5:30 AM, beamends <..hidden..> wrote:
After recent events, I've done a pg_restore -d backup.sqlc

but the taxes have stayed at the default values. I've changed the 17.5%
to 15% (thanks Gordon), but my 0% rate had gone (books and export) and I
can't remember what account code I used for it.

First off, have I used the correct flags for pg_restore (I created the
dataset for the company to restore into before restoring), and

Secondly - as the parts have all "lost" their tax catergory (15%) - are
the numbers going to add up in reports?

Hi Richard;

That is very strange.  All of this should have been in the database and hence I have to wonder why the tax values disappeared.  (You might try using pg_restore to restore the "tax," "customertax," "vendortax," and "partstax" tables only at this point.)

If you need me to look at the backup to ensure everything is fine, I can do that (but would have to charge for it).

Secondly, the numbers will add up because the financial data is stored separately.

Hope this helps.
Chris Travers


Come build with us! The BlackBerry(R) Developer Conference in SF, CA
is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart your
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and stay
ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9 - 12, 2009. Register now!
Ledger-smb-users mailing list