Re: Locking Last Cost

On 09/30/09 01:13, Luke wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Joseph wrote:

These numbers are a bit confusing :-)
My current version SQL-Ledger is 2.6.27 but when I save a backup it saves file as 2.6.12; so I should start loading the changes from 2.6.12 ?
psql -U user my database < Pg-upgrade-2.6.12-2.6.17.sql
etc.
So the last two files are:
Pg-upgrade-2.6.17-2.6.18.sql
Pg-upgrade-2.6.18-2.6.19.sql

What database version is LedgerSMB using?
When I try to save it to a file it is showing 1.2.0

I will not answer all your questions, as I have never tried what you are
trying, but I can tell you this much.

We are not talking about database versions, but software versions.

1.2.0 is the current LedgerSMB version into which you are converting.
All of the 2.6.X versions are SQL-Ledger version numbers from which you
are converting.

The two pieces of software should be thought of as independent (well, they
are, although much code and interface is similar), and you should not
think of the SQL-Ledger version in the same train of logic as the
LedgerSMB version.

What you are doing here, is performing a series of step by step upgrades
between different versions of the SQL-Ledger software (2.6.X-2.6.Y),
without having to actually install all of those different software
versions--you are only upgrading the backend database as it would have
been used in those versions.

Once you reach a particular SQL-Ledger level, at which the database is
compatible with LedgerSMB, you are then *converting* from SQL-Ledger
2.6.19, to LedgerSMB.

Hopefully you are helped a little by this explanation--maybe Chris or
someone can answer the rest.

Luke

I've drop database test and created a new one.

createdb -U postgres -E utf8 test_smb
OK

psql -U postgres test_smb  < Pg-upgrade-2.6.12-2.6.17.sql
CREATE SEQUENCE
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "session_pkey" for table "session"
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  relation "acc_trans" does not exist
ERROR:  relation "acc_trans" does not exist
ERROR:  relation "acc_trans" does not exist
ERROR:  relation "acc_trans" does not exist
ERROR:  relation "acc_trans" does not exist
ERROR:  relation "defaults" does not exist

So I'm still missing something, I'm currently on sql-ledger-2.6.27 so do I go step by step starting from the first one?

Pg-upgrade-1.2.6-1.2.7.sql
Pg-upgrade-1.2.7-1.4.0.sql
Pg-upgrade-1.4.0-1.6.0.sql
Pg-upgrade-1.6.0-1.8.0.sql