Re: Compilation failed in require at admin.pl line 85

On 09/24/09 16:46, Dan Burwinkel wrote:
Hi Joseph,

I just finished the process of moving from SQL-Ledger 2.4.something to
a new machine with LedgerSMB 1.2.4 and had the same errors. It was a
Postgresql change that fixed it for me. I run Ubuntu 9.04 and
LedgerSMB simply would not run the database upgrades reliably with
Postgresql 8.3. I hammered my head against the virtual wall for 3 days
and then decided to try postgresql-8.2. If you too are running Ubuntu,
I can send the deb files via email.

If I recall correctly, you don't want to go above SQL-Ledger version
2.6 if you want to safely migrate to a 1.2 series LedgerSMB...

I'm running SQL-Ledger 2.2.7 on postgresql-8.0.15.  I know there a major change going to ver. 8.1 that is why I've stayed with 8.0
I'll try to downgrade the postgresql to 8.0 and try to upgrade sql-ledger to 2.4 first.

I wish there was more help on how to migrate and/or some script that would translate database automatically; I'm sure we would have more users :-/

--
Joseph