Re: Postgres Access Timing

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM, <..hidden..> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
To: ..hidden..
Sent: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 17:41
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Postgres Access Timing

I don't know if you've got my last post yet. I'd just add that partsvendor is still taking quite a while to "get ready", but since I took out the bits mentioned there it is a lot better. Thinking back this probably might tie in with some posts I made about unique id errors a long while back - when adding a vendor through the LSMB parts window it very often takes two or three attempts to insert. There does seem to be something funny going on there. Or is it just me because of the size of the dabse may be?

If you grab currval('id'); that should be a quick call.  It grabs the last value of the id sequence used in your current database session.  If you are taking several attempts to insert, and using the 'id' sequence to get the inserted value, then something else is going on.  I would be happy to respond to emails here, or if you would prefer me to look at your code for review, I could do that on a fee basis.  Depending on the complexity of the problem the latter might become helpful.