Re: Correcting assembly error

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 09:22:34AM +0100, John Bell wrote:

> > So, the question is, how can I correct this both in the inventory as it
> > currently stands and more importantly for future sales of this assembly?
> >

> I'm new to ledgersmb, but logically, one could process a return for
> the incorrect assemblies, correct the assembly and re-issue the
> assemblies. (making sure that the price is the same for the already
> issued ones. Future assemblies should now be correct.

The problem seems to be in correcting the assembly. When the offending
part is removed from the assembly and replaced with the correct one, no
errors are reported in the browser when the changes are saved. However,
the assembly has not actually been altered, as when it is selected again
it has the same old wrong part.

So, I think there's a bug here somewhere. Either it should save the
assembly with the new part, or it should refuse to save the assembly
and report this refusal to the user.

That aside, I'm back to square one, since the assembly cannot be altered.

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107