Re: Credit Card redux

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
<..hidden..> wrote:

> Are there any guidelines, from the accounting world, on what the account
> number(s) should be?  The template for a US Service Business is what I
> used and has 2110-2150 for taxes and 2210 as Wages.  Long term
> liabilities start at 2620.

The typical practice is to put the most-used blocks first.  However,
aside from the first number being significant for the type of account
(and this is really just a clarity issue), I am not aware of any
specific rules regarding account numbers aside from practices of
convenience.

> Do you think the 2300 block for short term liabilities would conflict
> with standards or common practices?

That would seem OK to me.