Re: Credit Card redux

Chris Travers wrote:
On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Roderick A. Anderson

<snip />

Anyone willing to share their steps for setting up and using credit
cards for making business purchases?  Preferably so we of the
accounting-thick-headed-nature can do it.  :-)

Add a COA account for the credit card.  Make it a liability account.
Check the AP Payment box.

I figured it would be something this simple.  :-)

Are there any guidelines, from the accounting world, on what the account number(s) should be? The template for a US Service Business is what I used and has 2110-2150 for taxes and 2210 as Wages. Long term liabilities start at 2620.

Do you think the 2300 block for short term liabilities would conflict with standards or common practices?

Then you can pay an AP invoice with this account.  When you make a
payment you do that as a GL transaction, and you also add
interest/finance charges in this way.

This I remember from the thread last year.

Thanks, \\||/
Rod