Re: LSMB, schemas, non-local database ... YES!!!

Chris Travers wrote:
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
<..hidden..> wrote:
I was able to get LSMB 1.2.17 working with the dataset being in a schema
besides public.

The problems I was having were more 'pebkac' than something LSMB or Pg.

This method requires the dataset be set up from the command line -- bash
and psql.  You _can not_ use the Web interface to create datasets.

This was done with CentOS 5.2 guests on a Linux-Vserver.

I will be putting some instructions together and doing some more testing
if there is any interest.

One additional point.  I found, at least for me, an error in in the RPM.
 The file /etc/httpd/conf.d/ledgersmb.conf did not have the correct
paths.  I modified the .spec file, rebuilt the RPM and all was fine.

Can you submit a diff for the spec?

You bet.

Also I am sure instructions would be helpful.  Also I think it could
be done on the web interface but would require preparing the db in
advance so would be substantially more effort than just creating the
db by hand.

I.e. one would need to create the user and database, modify the user's
search path and create the schema first.  If you can do that, you
might as well import the coa and Pg-database files by hand too.

This is what I had to do.  It is pretty script-able though.

Rod