Re: upgrade from sql-ledger 2.8

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Maanus Kask <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have couple of databases in use with SQL-Ledger ver 2.8.
>
> How do I convert them to ledgersmb? Is there any script available (even
> if beta)? Where should I start?

The first question is what functionality you use in SQL-Ledger 2.8.
If you use vouchers/batches, you are better off waiting until 1.3.

The second issue is mapping data.  The SL 2,8 schema allows one to
store multiple addresses per customer or vendor but the UI does not.
This means you can migrate to LSMB 1.2 if you have not added
customizations to do this.

If this is the case, I think you could probably add some views to
emulate the older data and then run the old migration scripts.  To do
this, rename the customer and vendor tables, and make views joining
their records to the address table.

Also you will need to do some minor alteration of the defaults table
(renaming columns) to match our model (setting_key, value).  Also make
sure the currency setting is 'curr' and not 'currency.'