Re: Apply a pricegroup to all customers ???

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Hugh Esco <..hidden..> wrote:
> I'm setting up an instance for a new online business which essentially
> has only one product, which needs to be tracked in inventory (a part),
> but which is packaged (assembled) and sold as variously priced products
> (pricegroup).
>
> Apparently, in order to apply a pricegroup to a part, I have to
> associate that pricegroup with a customer.  But these pricegroups are
> meant to be available to any and all customers.  Its up to them what
> quantity they buy under what terms.

Use assemblies instead.  One of the limitations of the
customer-pricegroup model is that each customer can only belong to one
pricegroup.  We might need to revisit this restriction down the road,
but pricegroups are intended to be used for discounts offered to
groups of customers.  Here you want something different:  A product
which can be sold in a variety of forms at different prices.
Assemblies work for that but have a little more maintenance.  Most of
this maintenance could be automated if you choose to do so.