Re: Prepayment

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:47:26 -0800, Chris Travers wrote:
> I agree.  I expect that once 1.3 gets out, we will tackle this seriously.
>
> My current thinking is to allow pre-payments on orders, and tie them to
> orders.

Yes, I think prepayments against orders are a very welcome first feature
to support prepayment scenarios.

With 1.2.x, we're using Sales Orders with prepayment notes (2009-01-29 PD
150.00) in a fulfillment workflow.

Our constraints include: a) two-week lead time for vendor ordering, b)
sales order adjustment and invoicing at the date of customer delivery, and
c) additional weeks for multiple third-party payments, where totals are
almost always short-paid by some small amount.

In our situation nearly every AR invoice would require multiple
reversing transactions, so we elect to defer invoicing until the
transaction is more or less sorted out.