Re: Prepayment

    Del> How would one do a prepay type of thing with LSMB?

    Del> I have a customer who would like an invoice for $2000 today
    Del> that will be applied to future work.  I can invoice him but as
    Del> soon as the payment is processed it will then show a zero
    Del> balance due rather than a credit.  I could not invoice him and
    Del> simply apply the payment as credit to his account... but he
    Del> needs an invoice.  I could invoice, then delete the invoice,
    Del> then apply the payment -- but that just seems wrong.  Is there
    Del> some other way that I'm missing?

  Invoice him for $2K.  Send it to him, but don't save it. (Or delete it
afterwards)
  Invoice him for the work you are about to do.  Apply the $2000 payment
against that invoice, and he'll have a credit.

  I agree that it sucks.
  If you do this for a very small number of customers, you may want to
set up some account (a liability account) to "hold" the credit.

--
]     Y'avait une poule de jammé dans l'muffler!!!!!!!!!        |  firewalls  [
] ..hidden.. http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[