A couple of questions

I'm trying to load some QuickBooks data into Ledger SMB and I'm having trouble understanding one aspect about the structure of Ledger SMB:

I notice the transactions table appears to keep it's id values in a sequence and that they match the id or trans_id column values in various other tables (*). Can someone briefly describe the approximate relationship? For example, are they here to establish some relationship for all transactions that impact the acc_trans, gl, and chart tables?

Since I'm entering chart records (and then gl and acc_trans records) manually do I need to add a record to the transactions table for each one I enter? Are the rules actually more complex than that? Does that id come from a sequence and if so is it the 'id' sequence as I suspect?

Thanks!

Eric

(*) I believe the affected tables are:
        acc_trans,
        audit_trail,
        dpt_trans,
        inventory,
        invoice,
        jcitems,
        orderitems,
        shipto,
        status,
        translation,
        yearend
What about employee? I have a transactions table entry for employee but it contains "id" and not trans_id

--
#  Eric Lucas              | Email:   ..hidden..
#  Lucii.com               | Website: www.lucii.com