Re: A couple of questions

I've done more research and I understand now that there are tables that use id directly from the sequence 'id'.
It appears that trans_id is a foreign key for those id.

Still trying to grok the transactions table.

Eric

Eric Lucas wrote:
I'm trying to load some QuickBooks data into Ledger SMB and I'm having
trouble understanding one aspect about the structure of Ledger SMB:

I notice the transactions table appears to keep it's id values in a
sequence and that they match the id or trans_id column values in various
other tables (*).  Can someone briefly describe the approximate
relationship?  For example, are they here to establish some relationship
for all transactions that impact the acc_trans, gl, and chart tables?

Since I'm entering chart records (and then gl and acc_trans records)
manually do I need to add a record to the transactions table for each
one I enter?  Are the rules actually more complex than that?
Does that id come from a sequence and if so is it the 'id' sequence as I
suspect?

Thanks!

Eric

(*) I believe the affected tables are:
          acc_trans,
          audit_trail,
          dpt_trans,
          inventory,
          invoice,
          jcitems,
          orderitems,
          shipto,
          status,
          translation,
          yearend
What about employee? I have a transactions table entry for employee but
it contains "id" and not trans_id

--
#  Eric Lucas              | Email:   ..hidden..
#  Lucii.com               | Website: www.lucii.com