Re: Version 1.3?

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Phil <..hidden..> wrote:
> People,
>
> Given that I am just about to set up a new company, I was just wondering
> what the rough timescale is for the release of v1.3?  If I should
> continue with 1.2.x, will the upgrade process later be straightforward?

The upgrade to 1.3 will be reasonably straight-forward.

It *may* be necessary to recreate customized templates in some case,
and it will be necessary to recreate users.  (However, user management
will be *much* better.)

Also customizations to customer/vendor stuff will need to be entirely redone.

Otherwise, the actual migration of accounting data should be straightforward.

We are still working hard on getting the user management section redone.

I would recommend that you continue on with 1.2 for now.