Re: Proposal for 1.4: New Timecard Interface

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:38:33 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> I would like to propose the following changes for 1.4 and the use of
> timecards, material cards, and projects:
>
> 1)  Save additional information (date in, time in, time out,
> non-billable time, etc)
>     * Labor calculation rules:  date in defaults to current date.
> time in defaults to when the form was sent to the client.  time out
> defaults to when it was submitted to the server.
>     * Date in is required.  One can allow for NULL time in and out
> (really being UNKNOWN) and enter a flat labor time.
> 2)  Adding material cards
> 3)  Allow a report which lists all timecards (time in, time out,
> billable and nonbillable time, date in) and comments in sequential
> order.
> 4)  Allow projects to fall into categories
> 5)  Allow projects to have parent projects
>
> Does this sound interesting and useful to people?

The flat labor rate is particularly useful. One of my users is utilizing
timecards for date of service, but charges a flat rate per service
instance. They enter 'one hour' e.g. 12:00 to 13:00.

I'm sure this is part of the larger relational integrity initiative, but I
would like to see our relational integrity model in 1.4 prohibit deletion
of timecards which are referenced by generated sales orders. AFAICT, it's
just a transcription operation now.

Thanks,
Jeff