Re: how to upgrade

Chris Travers wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:11 AM, H.S. <..hidden..> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I recently installed 1.2.15. Now that the 1.2.16 RC1 is out, I would
>>> like to try that out. How do I upgrade without having to touch all the
>>> datasets in Pg from the earlier version?
>> We don't ever *require* database changes in an upgrade within a stable branch.
>>
>> You should be able to just untar over and go.
>
> I am afraid I misunderstood you.
>
> You probably want to install a second instance (use a different name
> in the ledgersmb-httpd.conf) and generate a new database in the
> Admin.pl.
>
> One option is you could:
>
> 1)  Rename your installed ledgersmb-httpd.conf to a different file
> (presumably in your /etc/httpd/conf.d directory)
> 2)  Install 1.2.16 to a new folder
> 3)  Create a new db.

Thank you for the steps above. Though my first intention was to do as
you listed here, but since nothing real has been done on my first
installation (just some trials), I think I will just upgrade the first
installation.

Regarding your earlier reply to my original post, I think I still need to:
- Do Step 6 of the INSTALL file
- Perhaps do Step 8 too (?)
- Change the ownership of ledgersmb directory tree (sudo chown -R
www-data:www-data /usr/local/ledgersmb).

Is the above correct?

Thanks.