Re: how to upgrade

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:11 AM, H.S. <..hidden..> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently installed 1.2.15. Now that the 1.2.16 RC1 is out, I would
>> like to try that out. How do I upgrade without having to touch all the
>> datasets in Pg from the earlier version?
>
> We don't ever *require* database changes in an upgrade within a stable branch.
>
> You should be able to just untar over and go.

I am afraid I misunderstood you.

You probably want to install a second instance (use a different name
in the ledgersmb-httpd.conf) and generate a new database in the
Admin.pl.

One option is you could:

1)  Rename your installed ledgersmb-httpd.conf to a different file
(presumably in your /etc/httpd/conf.d directory)
2)  Install 1.2.16 to a new folder
3)  Create a new db.