Re: Import scripts

Thanks Chris!

It's a great start for me.

Kindest regards,
Eric

Chris Travers wrote:
On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Eric Lucas <..hidden..> wrote:
These are what I classify as the "non-transaction" tables:

For Customers I have:
    Customer name

customer.contact?  custimer.name?  Could be either depending on what it stores.

    balance

 not applicable.  You may need to create adjusting invoices.

    Company

customer.name

    Salutation
    First name
    MI
    Last name

Not really applicable to 1.2, could all go into customer.contact.

Note that there seems to be a lot of horizontal duplication of data here.

    Contact (person name)

customer.contact.

    Phone
    Fax
    Alt contact
    Bill to 1 through Bill to 5

Oh bah.... this is where it gets complicated.  Probably the best thing
to do here is to create separate customer records for the time being.
In 1.3, this will be handled more gracefully.

    Ship to 1 through Ship to 5

shipto table.

    Terms

customer.terms

    Sales tax code

customertax table.

    Tax item (either the state abbreviation or just "out of state")

customertax table.  Maybe each tax set up as a different tax account?

    Job description (only one row has this so it's not important)

Not applicable.

    Notes (rare)

customer.notes

For employees I have:
    Employee (full name)
    TIN (Tax ID Number)
    Address
    City
    State
    Zip

All of these are in the employee table.

For vendors there is this:
    Vendor (full name)
    Salutation (Mr, Ms, etc.)
    First name
    M.I.
    Last name
    address 2 through address 5
    contact name
    phone
    fax
    alt phone
    alt contact
    email
    print check as

Not sure what that is.

    account #

vendor.vendornumber

    vendor type (1099 contractor, etc.)

You could use business types for this (see business table)

    terms
    eligible for 1099
    note

Otherwise see customer section above, but use vendortable instead of customer.

Chart of Accounts:
    Account
    type (bank, Accts rec, other current asset, fixed asset, other asset,
AP,
            other current liability, long term liability, equity, income,
COGS, expense, etc...
    balance total

^^ Not applicable, we aggregate to get balance totals.

    description
    tax line (income or deductions or "unassigned")

^^ Not sales tax?

As far as what I call "transaction" type tables go I have found these so
far:

Subcontractors
    Type    (general journal, bill, or check)

Ok.  Checks/payments are handed differently.  Look at ar, ap, and gl.
Also will need to add balance data to acc_trans.

    date

    number
    name
    memo
    account (always 'subcontractor')
    split (name of bank and account - like "first national - checking")
    amount
    balance

Payroll
    [same as Subcontractors]