Re: Import scripts

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Eric Lucas <..hidden..> wrote:
These are what I classify as the "non-transaction" tables:
> For Customers I have:
>     Customer name

customer.contact?  custimer.name?  Could be either depending on what it stores.

>     balance
 not applicable.  You may need to create adjusting invoices.

>     Company
customer.name

>     Salutation
>     First name
>     MI
>     Last name

Not really applicable to 1.2, could all go into customer.contact.

Note that there seems to be a lot of horizontal duplication of data here.

>     Contact (person name)

customer.contact.

>     Phone
>     Fax
>     Alt contact
>     Bill to 1 through Bill to 5

Oh bah.... this is where it gets complicated.  Probably the best thing
to do here is to create separate customer records for the time being.
In 1.3, this will be handled more gracefully.

>     Ship to 1 through Ship to 5

shipto table.

>     Terms
customer.terms

>     Sales tax code
customertax table.

>     Tax item (either the state abbreviation or just "out of state")
customertax table.  Maybe each tax set up as a different tax account?

>     Job description (only one row has this so it's not important)
Not applicable.

>     Notes (rare)
customer.notes

> For employees I have:
>     Employee (full name)
>     TIN (Tax ID Number)
>     Address
>     City
>     State
>     Zip

All of these are in the employee table.

> For vendors there is this:
>     Vendor (full name)
>     Salutation (Mr, Ms, etc.)
>     First name
>     M.I.
>     Last name
>     address 2 through address 5
>     contact name
>     phone
>     fax
>     alt phone
>     alt contact
>     email
>     print check as

Not sure what that is.

>     account #
vendor.vendornumber

>     vendor type (1099 contractor, etc.)
You could use business types for this (see business table)

>     terms
>     eligible for 1099
>     note

Otherwise see customer section above, but use vendortable instead of customer.

> Chart of Accounts:
>     Account
>     type (bank, Accts rec, other current asset, fixed asset, other asset,
> AP,
>             other current liability, long term liability, equity, income,
> COGS, expense, etc...
>     balance total
^^ Not applicable, we aggregate to get balance totals.

>     description
>     tax line (income or deductions or "unassigned")

^^ Not sales tax?

> As far as what I call "transaction" type tables go I have found these so
> far:
>
> Subcontractors
>     Type    (general journal, bill, or check)

Ok.  Checks/payments are handed differently.  Look at ar, ap, and gl.
Also will need to add balance data to acc_trans.

>     date

>     number
>     name
>     memo
>     account (always 'subcontractor')
>     split (name of bank and account - like "first national - checking")
>     amount
>     balance
>
> Payroll
>     [same as Subcontractors]