Purchase Order in forreign currency

I have a vendor in japan to which I need to send a Purchase Order with prices in Japanese YEN.
I added YEN to the vendor and the YEN buying price to the article (by selecting the vendor in the lower part of the article screen).

When I make a Purchase Order and fill in the exchange rate something goes wrong.
Instead of selecting the YEN buying price I filled in, LedgerSMB recalculates the price starting from the last cost in EUR.
This is wrong since the YEN price remains the same.

Am I doing something wrong?
--
Peter <..hidden..>