Re: How to disable default entry of old/previous customer on POS screen?

..hidden.. wrote on 06/08/2008
05:00:32 PM:

> Ok, the first part is a bug (disabled customers should not be current
> customers).  We should be able to fix this.
>
> As for customer searches, which customer searches are you talking
> about?  There are times you want to be able to search for old
> customers and times you don't.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

I am mainly referring to searches from the POS screen.  We have the
dropdown menu disabled.  I realize on other search screens (i.e.
AR>Customers>Reports>Search) that I can select "inactive" as part of the
search criteria.  In addition, if we have a customer flagged as inactive
in the database, I can foresee issues later where we try to use queries
for active customers for use in other applications.  I don't believe
changing the customer record to trick it is the best approach.  I just
want to be able to eliminate user errors that we currently see because the
POS screen remembers the previous customer who doesn't happen to be the
current customer.

Best Regards,
Steven Marshall

Taty Lee Boutique
11705 Jones Bridge Rd., B206
Alpharetta, GA 30005
770-410-6964

"Once you experience the stylish comfort of Brazilian-cut jeans, you will
demand nothing less!"