Still can't install LedgerSMB

I am an accountant and have been trying to install LedgerSMB since the start of this year; I only work on this installation problem when I can spare the time. Nevertheless, I am perplexed about this problem since I have been using PC based accounting systems since the 1980's and have always been able to solve such problems. If I can't install and test the software myself, I can't recommend it to anyone else either.

The last time I asked for help was April 28th when I noted:

I am now having a problem on Step #8 Check Dependencies. The following
text is my problem:

..hidden.. ledgersmb]# perl Build.PL
Checking prerequisites...
 - ERROR: Locale::Maketext::Lexicon is not installed
 - ERROR: Config::Std is not installed
 * Optional prerequisite Net::TCLink is not installed

ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES. You may wish to install the versions
of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this installation

Deleting Build
Removed previous script 'Build'

Creating new 'Build' script for 'LedgerSMB' version '1.

I am using Business Edition Linux Server (a derivative of PCLinuxOS 2007) and these packages are not listed in the BEL or PCLinuxOS repositories. However, I did find them at CPAN. I had never used this website before and eventually figured out how to install these packages on my BEL server. However, when I run the command "perl Build.PL" I still get the same Errors as above. When I search for "Locale::Maketext::Lexicon" and "Config::Std", I can find them installed in the "root" directory. How they got in that directory, I don't know. But why doesn't the command "perl Build.PL" find them?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me get past this installation problem.
Merce