Re: Not Strictly LSMB but....

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 13:39 -0700, ..hidden.. wrote:
> richard,
>
> i have not looked into lsmb's schema but in the ole sl schema partnumber
> isn't unique so in the long run it would be a better idea to use id
> instead of partnumber in your where clause. we have thousands of
> partnumber coming from different suppliers and the only way we are able to
> check for unique partnumber amongst the different suppliers was to built a
> unique index on partnumber. however, lsmb's schema change may have taken
> care of this issue.
>
> regards,
>
> tim

Hi Tim,
thanks for that. I spent a day (never was into dbases!) trying to figure
out how COPY can select the partnumber to update, but in the end
resorted to creating C program the simply creates a list of

UPDATE parts
 SET sellprice = '0.34', listprice = '0.34'
 WHERE partnumber = '7316';

for each partnumber in a file, and then as Postgres user did

psql -d BeamEndsLRSLtd -f
'/home/beamends/Desktop/Projects/StockLoader/Resources/NewPrices.csv'

Not over elegant, but it works!

Cheers
Richard