Possible bug in invoice payment handling? 1.2.12

Hi there

I think I've found a bug, can anyone confirm?

We needed to redo a customers account, so we decided to delete
payments made against existing (closed) invoices (in order to redo
them via cash->receipts)

Here's what we did:

1. Go into a customer invoice (AR Sales Invoice) that is Closed.
2. Delete the payment amounts on the form, against that invoice in the
AR Sales Invoice screen.
3. Update - payments gone.
4. Post - get warning that this transaction already exists, hit yes to continue

5. Error message:

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique
constraint "transactions_pkey"
Error!

INSERT INTO ar (id, customer_id) VALUES (?, ?)
ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "transactions_pkey"

6. That's strange.. Call up the customers invoice again - the invoice is gone!!
7. Hit the back button a few times - and post as new
8. Invoice appears without payments listed against it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a bug, should I file a bug report?

Regards
Phil