Re: Accounting related question about bonus payment

>  I would use an AR Transaction, with a general sales account or the like.
>
>  As an example, my company routinely (as in once a month or more) receives
>  residual payments from a company who's services we sell, but only in a
>  promotional manner.  That is: we do the leg work, but for the final
>  transaction, after market support, etc., we send the customers through a
>  branded web site, phone system, or the like, which directs the business
>  through the company in question.
>
>  Once a month, that company takes a percentage of the business we brought
>  in, and pays it back to us as "sales commissions".  In this case, since we
>  have this arrangement with several companies, and have this going on with
>  a relatively high frequency, I created a "sales commissions" account, to
>  which I attribute these AR Transactions.
>
>  HTH
>
>  Luke

Thanks a lot Luke!

That sounds reasonable and easier for me than General Ledger.  Just I
was thinking that it is not technically an AR transaction because I
get the check and then have to enter the transaction.  I guess that
would not make much difference from accounting point of view, or would
it?  Any way, I will try it that way and will see how it works.  May
have to ask more questions.

I thought the accounting could not be more difficult and confusing
than engineering but I must be wrong :) ;)

Thanks,
luxe