Re: Accounting related question about bonus payment

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:06 AM, luxe <..hidden..> wrote:
I thought the accounting could not be more difficult and confusing
than engineering but I must be wrong :) ;)
Actually (like almost anything else) its mind-bogglingly straight-forward, when things are explained clearly. I recommend the Bean Counter tutorial.

Accounting is only made complicated by conventions:
 - old out of date business practices and therefore procedures related to keeping accounts in 'ledgers' and 'journals' made out of chopped down trees. Software-based accounting systems cut out many of these procedures and changed the need to concentrate on or even know much about some of those aspects.
 - local laws vary somewhat, so some relatively trivial aspects of accounting need to be adjusted accordingly, or else you are fine in one country, but go to jail on another: go figure.

--
The Last Great Frontier is in Your Mind