Re: Accounting related question about bonus payment

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, luxe wrote:

> That sounds reasonable and easier for me than General Ledger.  Just I
> was thinking that it is not technically an AR transaction because I
> get the check and then have to enter the transaction.  I guess that
> would not make much difference from accounting point of view, or would
> it?  Any way, I will try it that way and will see how it works.  May
> have to ask more questions.

To me it doesn't.  After all: what is an AR Transaction for, if not a bit
of income without a generated invoice?

I know, you are thinking that an AR Transaction is for cases where you
expect the income, but don't generate an invoice.  Really, however, that
is the same thing.  Accounting doesn't care whether income is intended or
unintended--it is still income, and now needs to be counted as such.

Luke