Re: Announcing LedgerSMB 1.2.12

1. I wonder whether it would be useful to have a simple system to generate a LSMB rpm from the tar, and then also have 'alien' to produce the .deb, for debian based (ubuntu etc) distros.

Perhaps a simple script: eg feed to LSMB version in an $.

On ubuntu, yum is not the installer, so one might use 'apt-get' instead, except that on ubuntu, neither rpm-build nor rpmdevtools exist as packages. So the generation of the rpm needs to be on an appropriate distro, and its seems that Ubuntu is not appropriate.

2. Somewhere months ago, I recorded here where the cpan stuff failed to install some dependent stuff correctly on Ubuntu, so there needs to be something done there for tar ->.deb generation, and I suppose also for tar -> .rpm if its to then -> .deb for Ubuntu.