Re: Towards ship-to-based sales-tax support

On Dec 13, 2007 11:57 AM, Ed W <..hidden..> wrote:
Please dont forget the far simpler case in the EU.

Roughly speaking if we ship into an EU country we charge VAT, if we ship
outside then we don't...

'We' meaning US businesses, ie those governed by US laws. For anyone else there is presumably a different set of laws. In other words, if you want the system to work in different countries, you probably need the business rules to be coded per country. In many the tax to apply might depend on where the goods/service is going to. So some sort of matrix of where 'we' are, and where 'they' are might be needed.