automatically applying interest rates

Is anyone doing this with Outstanding AR right now? We'd like to apply a
policy we have of charging interest every month to outstanding accounts
of more than 30 days.

I want to find an automated process because adding a new AR for every
customer is, well, really time-consuming and in the end doesn't really
pay off.

What I'd like, actually is twofold:

 1. a process that would go through all 30+ amounts, apply a the
 interest rate
 2. the same process could then mail an account statement

This could be run every day, in which case the account statement +
interest would be sent/applied only if it would be the "anniversary
date" of the bill (if the bill was sent on 28-02-2007, the statement
would get sent only on the 28th of the month...), or it could be run
once per month.

Any ideas?

--
Seul a un caractÃre scientifique ce qui peut Ãtre rÃfutÃ. Ce qui n'est
pas rÃfutable relÃve de la magie ou de la mystique.