Re: batch import and export (CSV)

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 10:26:14AM -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> On 10/27/07, brush <..hidden..> wrote:
> > also, are imports in the picture as well as exports?
> Long-term, yes.  Not sure when they will be included.  I think the big
> issue is that people send all sorts of data around in CSV and
> importing this in a structure-agnostic way is the challenge.

well, that's true, but it seems to me that's pretty common in import
situations and the common answer (at least at first) is to define a CSV
structure which the user has the responsibility to meet.  that's easily
done even for the nontechnical in a spreadsheet, including ordering
columns etc.

thus the useful first step i just indicated: a fixed import format for
GL transactions.

thoughts?  anyone else think this would be useful?

.b